Monthly discussions on topics exploring practices of inner peace, and outer work toward effective social engagement, in accordance with Buddhist principles.
Partnering with inter-faith organizations helping to raise awareness of our warming planet, through education and social activism.
Support for comprehensive gun regulation, prison reform, and conflict resolution, all informed by compassion and deep listening.
Sponsorship of an annual Peace Walk through downtown Montpelier, VT, commemorating Hiroshima Day, and sharing visions for a peaceful world.
Sponsorship of annual Forums on topics of social concern, grounded in Buddhist principles and practice.
Individual correspondence with prison inmates, based on friendship and common interest in the Buddhist path; volunteer work at community justice centers.
• Letter of support to our local Muslim community.
• Letter opposing building new fossil-fuel infrastructure in Vermont.
• Letter of support for VT House Bill H-74, proposing a ban on single-use plastic bags and straws in Vermont.
• Letter of support for VT Senate bill S-68, renaming Columbus Day as Indigenous Peoples Day.
• Letter opposing ongoing, undeclared US support of war in Yemen.
• Letter opposing violent U.S. government crackdowns in Venezuela.